Kikkawa Hiroyoshi, who was the third feudal lord over the Iwakuni domain, had the bridge constructed in 1673. The current bridge is the fourth reconstruction.
The five wooden-arched bridge over Nishiki River is 193.3m long and 5m wide.
Clamps and metal belts are used to hold together the carefully fitted wooden parts.
|Location||1, Iwakuni, Iwakuni-shi, Yamaguchi|
|Access||(1) 7 minute drive from Sanyo Expressway Iwakuni IC
(2) 20 minute by bus from JR Sanyo Main Line Iwakuni Station
|Office of Inquiry||Iwakuni City Sightseeing Promotion Section Tel. No. 0827-29-5116|