Gachirinji Yakushido Temple with Zushi Ikki Munafuda Nimai
This temple is known as the oldest wooden architecture in the prefecture. Well-balanced simple Hiraya style building used the wooden pieces roughly cut by an ax.
The hall is 12.27m in width, 9.82m in length with a single-layered Yosemune style thatched roof on top.
According to the temple record, Shunjobiu Chogen visited this place to re-build Yakushido with Fujiwara Kanezane's help in 1189.
|Location||Tokujikamimura 572, Yamaguchi City, Yamaguchi Prefecture|
|Access||(1) 15 minutes by car from Tokuji IC
(2) 80 minutes by bus from Hofu station
(Bocho bus to Hori, Transit at Hori)
→15 minutes walk from "Kamura" bus stop
(3) 60 minutes by bus from Tokuyama station
|Office of Inquiry||Moon temple TEL: 0835-54-0127|