Tourist attraction

Ryufukuji (Remain of Ouchi House)

Ryufukuji (Remain of Ouchi House)

The temple was originally built in Shiraishi as Rinzaishu school's temple, Hoshuin Zenunji in 1206. Lord Ouchi renewed the temple to Zenunji Ryufukuji for Soudoji school in 1454. After Ouchi Yoshinaga got defeated by Mori in 1557, Mori Takamoto built it as a family temple in the former site of Ouchi Yoshitaka's house. The main hall now has introduced from Hyoujo Koryuji temple in 1883 after the fire and 1881.

Location Odono oji 119, Yamaguchi City, Yamaguchi Prefecture
Access (1) 20 minutes train from JR "Shin-Yamaguchi station"
→ 5 minutes by bus from JR Yamaguchi line "Yamaguchi station"
→ 10 minutes walk from "Kenchomae" bus stop
(2) 30 minutes by bus from JR "Shin-Yamaguchi station"
→ 10 minutes walk from "Kenchomae" bus stop
(3) 20 minutes by car from Chugoku Expressway Ogori IC
Office of Inquiry Dragon fortune temple TEL: 083-922-1009

Back