It got built by Fujiwara, who arrived in Suo for his new post as provincial governor in 1186 to enshrine the divided spirit from Kasuga shrine in Nara. Later it got renovated by Monk Shunjobo Chogen. Not only the Taikan-misogi festival for purification in January but also the Oni-matsuri festival famous with worshipping parade of many boys with their oni-devil's mask and various size drums are held in October.
|Location||Oaza Mure 1354, Hofu City, Yamaguchi Prefecture|
|Access||(1) 15 minutes by car from JR Hofu station
(2) 15 minutes by car from Hofu city station Ume-terrace
|Office of Inquiry||Kasuga Shinto Shrine TEL: 0835-38-1185|